Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Welcome to my blog (introduction)


Hello and welcome to my blog!

I’m happy to share with you what I have learned and experienced from my raw food journey so far. Being relatively healthy throughout my life, I didn't follow any particular diet and I was never interested in fads. But when I first heard about a diet based simply on eating what nature creates I got very interested. I read a lot, listened to numerous interviews and looked through many raw food websites. All of them were talking about the wonders that raw food does for the body and mind.

My first step away from a conventional diet came when I noticed all of the false data about how animal protein is necessary for the human body. I listened to medical lectures about animal-based versus plant-based nutrition and the whole idea of a vegan/vegetarian/raw food diet started to make enormous sense to me. Probably the best research I’ve done was to just switch to eating raw vegan foods and observe the results. Two years later, I’ve never felt as strong, healthy and joyful as I do now. I’ve learned that the body always heals itself if it is allowed to do so. Providing the body with proper nutrition, rest and exercise and avoiding harmful foods and environments is essential. Raw food has a light energy and consuming it makes me feel lighter both physically and mentally. Our bodies were designed to be healthy, active and to live long. All of the resources are within us.

In looking at the increasing statistics of disease in Western society, it’s clear that there needs to be a more preventative approach to disease or, better yet, a more promotive approach to health. Decades of unnatural, corporate "convenience foods" have downgraded the health of mankind and the pharmaceutical approach to dealing with the symptoms rather than the cause of disease has made the road back to stable health a foggy one for most people. A back-to-nature, commonsense approach to health can provide simple answers to seemingly complex questions.

Our bodies are built from whatever we put in them. Artificial foods, altered foods and chemicals upset the balance in our bodies. Nature lives in perfect harmony and consuming nature's unaltered creations helps restore balance in our bodies. Eating whole, ripe, raw, fresh organic foods such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, seaweeds, and sprouted grains is nourishing and healing because they provide necessary amounts of top quality vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, carbohydrates and fats. Cooking these foods (especially frying) destroys most of their nutrients and often creates toxins that promote numerous diseases.

A raw food diet is surprisingly versatile and delicious. Recipes abound for drinks, appetizers, entrées, desserts, and snacks. Raw foods can be chopped, sliced, blended, puréed, juiced, marinated or dehydrated (at temperatures below 46 C or 115 F) to create beautiful dishes that often require just minutes to prepare.

People all over the world are experiencing how consuming raw/live foods increases health, energy, beauty and longevity. It is my hope that this website plays a part in ushering in a new era where these improvements are commonplace.

Wishing you health and well-being,

Lela

No comments:

Post a Comment